, ,

On Philippine Weddings and More

1:49 AM

A few weeks after I received Jeff and I's engagement photos from Framed-Up Production in 2011, I emailed a certain wedding blog/website if I can send them the photos and if they can feature it. I have adored our prenup photos. I have never seen a basketball prenup ever. So I thought, maybe this will be interesting enough for them.

Photos by Mot Rasay of Framed-Up Production


Jeff and I are different in so many ways. But if there's one thing that we're so alike, it is being basketball crazy. It was just fitting to pick it as our engagement session theme. I had our uniforms made -- his was the standard basketball jersey, while mine was a jersey dress with petticoat skirt. I sew lace on my socks and I made a bouquet of white flowers. I even sew a veil to a sports headband. I had another set of jersey made because I thought of the whole 'draft' thing, and well, I will be drafted to his team soon. We had our prenup session at Ronac Art Center in San Juan.

I took so much pride with the concept. I spent so many days thinking of how to pull it together and it came out well.

Going back to the wedding website/blog that I contacted, she replied to me that she will get in touch if my photos will be selected. And that was the end of it. I thought, yeah, I wasn't selected. Booo!

I noticed that here in the Philippines, the weddings that mostly get featured on wedding blogs and websites are the expensive weddings. Those that maybe spent about a million and more. The ones that are covered by Metrophoto, dressed by Veluz, catered by k. by cunanan, and held in Shangri-la. It is a bit misleading for people like me who are then about to get married. I thought all weddings are expensive. I thought the only shoes that are allowed inside the church are Jimmy Choo's because that's what I see in wedding blogs.

There are so many ways to lessen the expenses on weddings. DIY or do it yourself weddings are very famous in the US. The make everything from scratch -- invitation, souvenirs, cake, etc. I even read a blog where the bride made her own wedding gown. Maybe DIY weddings are so famous in the US because the women who spend for their weddings there, unlike here that it's mostly the men.

I'd like to think that our wedding is more of DIYed than outsourced. I know a few amazing weddings that are also mostly DIY and I will try to talk them into telling me their secrets. Hello, Sef and Ria! Haha! I will write about Jeff and I's 420 wedding the next few days. Meanwhile, I shall force these two ladies to give me details of their weddings. ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Feed