, , ,

El Nido Part 3: Where to Eat in El Nido

10:22 PM

I always look forward to eating whenever Jeff and I travel. Knowing that El Nido is surrounded with water, I expected to indulge myself with a lot of seafood. True enough, El Nido did not disappoint us. Here are our Top 5 favorite places to eat in town.



5. La Salangane
La Salangane is along Serena Street. It has a hotel, bar, and restaurant. Jeff and I had breakfast here on our third day. I had longsilog and Jeff had tapsilog. Don't ask me where it is. I forgot to take a photo of it because we were so hungry. I only got to take a photo of their very interesting coffee mug. We paid P460 for our breakfast. Quite pricey, I must say.



The mug looks like a bowl with handle. 

4. Squido's Restaurant
Before we left for Puerto Princesa on our fourth day, we made sure we visit Squido's Restaurant for breakfast. It is located along Calle Hama corner Abdulla Street. It was the cheapest breakfast that we had in El Nido. And the adobo is superrrr! They also serve a tall glass of calamansi juice for only P40! We paid P370 for our breakfast. While we were having breakfast, a woman came up to me selling crabs for only P170 per kilogram. I was mindblown! I wanted to buy the entire pail of crabs that she has but we are still staying in Puerto Princesa for two days. We also learned that Squido's opened their second branch in El Nido that weekend.

The interior of Squido's. That's not a ghost, that's stream coming from my rice. Haha! 

Jeff's longsilog. 

My yummy adobo!

This is what I am talking about! Tall glass of calamansi juice with brown sugar! That's Jeff's iPhone 5 beside it to give you an idea on how big the glass is. 

3. Artcafe
Artcafe is like the tourist center in El Nido. Everyone goes there. Here are a few photos of the place.


Yep that's my husband! 


We noticed a lot of foreigners in Artcafe just reading a book. I guess this is where they borrow them. 


Hanging boat.


My favorite quiet corner. 

We headed to Artcafe on our first day for some light snacks before we walked along the beach. Jeff ordered the famous Artcafe Pizza which is tuna, mushroom, egg, onion, tomato, etc. He also got the bruchettas.




The next day, we also had breakfast in Artcafe (because it's the only place that we know at that time).

My corned beed with tomatoes.

Jeff's tocilog.

For your info, here is Artcafe El Nido's menu.



2. Jane's Restobar
Jane's Restobar is along Rizal Street, actually at the end of Rizal Street right in front of the beach. It is on the ground floor of Casa Buenaventura. If you walk along the beach late in the afternoon, you will never miss this place because they are the only restaurant with a beachfront grill. They serve fish and other seafood, pork, and chicken. We ate here for two consecutive dinners. Their meals are all P200 which includes the seafood or meat of your choice, rice, and stir fried veggies.

Beachfront dining!

Pick you choice of ulam.

I had pork liempo and Jeff picked the squid. 

Inside the restobar. They played reggae music the whole time we were there. 




1. Seaslug's Beachbar and Restaurant
My ultimate favorite, and I believe Jeff would agree with me, would be Seaslug's. It is located along the beach, near the Marina Garden Resort. In the morning, it is a restaurant and a bar at night. We went here with our friends Marky, Justine, Mike, and Olia and Josephine who are from Spain. Seaslug's is my ultimate favorite because of their crabs in coconut milk for only P350, that is about four pieces of crabs. Yum!




Prawns!

Nido soup.
Spicy crabs in coconut milk for only P350. Yay!

The aftermath. 

That's our Top 5 places to eat in El Nido. I will write about the tours that we did in a few days!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Feed