,

How to Create a Makeshift Walk In Closet

5:40 PM

When Jeff and I got married, we moved in their loft. It is a 25sqm (or so) bedroom above their garage. It has its own toilet and bathroom and my father-in-law also installed a split type air condition before we even moved.



I've always dreamed of having a walk in closet. So a few days ago, I thought of giving our small abode a make over. 

This is how our closet looked like before I revamped it. 
I started by putting together the pieces of wood that I've purchased a few months ago and made a small shelf. I grew up in a family where my mother does a lot of things at home. She's our resident carpenter. So anyway, here's the shelf that I made.

This isn't really perfect. I discovered that one of the legs was longer than the others. 

I also planned to hang the mirror on the wall, but I figured I can't drill. I made a mirror stand instead. I used the flower box that has been sitting in the kitchen for months. I attached it to some of my long pieces of wood. 

I'm still thinking where to put strings or garters so the mirror won't fall. 

The shelf measured 45" x 14" x 21". I put it on top of one of our closets. I put all the plastic boxes where I put all our underwears and my swim wears. When I lived in Singapore, I lived in boxes, like literally. It was too easy to move from one house to another if all your things are inside the box. These are also cheap. I think we got these blue boxes at P100 a piece at S&R. I also put the lamp shade that Sandra gave us last Christmas, as well as the little drawers where I put my accessories. 

I should've blurred the contents. Hehe.

On top of the shelf were more plastic boxes for my sunglasses and other supplies. My minions were there too!




I detached the top part of my jacket rack and strung it on one of the legs of the shelf to hang all my necklaces. It is easier to find your necklaces if you hang it, plus it saves more space. 



Inside the closet, I folded all our shirts. The ones inside the crate are mine. I used it to make sure the shirts are divided and won't fall down. I told Jeff there are three kinds of shirts at home -- those we wear at home, those we wear outside, and Ateneo shirts. 



Here are more shirts. My friend, King would be so angry seeing this. He is so OC that he uses the same colors of hangers and he organizes his shirts by color! 



We had some much clothes and our room looked like this when I tried to fold everything. I kept asking myself why I even thought of this home project. It was actually easier to throw flame in these haha



This is what our walk in closet looked like after a whole day of fixing. It was so tiring! Notice that basketball stool. I gave that to Jeff on Valentines Day of 2011. Putting it to good use now! At least, I now have a corner for myself if I need a break. :P



I hung our bags just so it won't be lying on the floor everyday. It looks ukay-ukay, but this would actually save you time looking for your bags. My friend, Faye commented that hanging might damage the handle of the bag. 



The next morning, I woke up and the window reminded me again that it doesn't have tint. So I finally did something about it. I posted this on Instagram and my friend Jigs said "This is like the best idea since Apple products."

My Instagram caption says, "You don't have window tint? No problemo! Show off your lungs to the neighborhood! LOL!"

I am not yet done with my home make over. I am still looking for wooden crates that we can use to make an improvised shoe rack. I'm gonna blog about it when I finally purchased some. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram Feed