Jet 7 Bistro Launch

11:49 AM

My friend Faye has been telling me about this new restaurant along Timog Avenue in Quezon City for a while now. But because we used to live in the south, Quezon City felt like a very, very far place. We moved to Makati last month and now QC doesn't seem too far anymore.

Photo from Jet 7 Bistro's Facebook page. 

I got invited to the launch and bloggers/press night of Jet 7 Bistro last July 7 in Timog. Jeff was still in the office so I had to take an Uber cab going there. We took the Mandaluyong Bridge-Greenhills-New Manila route and took us about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Traffic was pretty bad because we left Makati at 5PM. I was surprised when I got my receipt online -- the entire ride was only Php 292.00. Going home to BF Homes was even more expensive than this! Haha!

It was, as usual, a little heavy around Timog area. Jet 7 Bistro is located at the ground floor of President Tower along Timog Avenue. They are just across Buddy's. They have parking space in front of the restaurant, but it might get full right away because a lot of people go there. There was a band playing when I arrived. I later learned that it is Lloyd Zaragoza (Jessa Zaragoza's brother) and Joshua Desiderio's (Freestyle vocalist) band. The band, Art n Soul, is a regular in the restaurant. They're really good!

I was instantly offered wine when I arrived. Sadly, I had to decline. No alcohol for me until I give birth. Or even after because I plan on breastfeeding my little man. I asked for water instead, on which the waiter promptly obliged. He also gave me that night's appetizer -- ceviche.

I loved the sour and spicy taste of the ceviche, that I almost forgot that it's raw shrimp and I'm not supposed to eat anything raw. Haha! I was able to eat half of it, though. Don't tell my husband, okay? LOL! I took two photos of most of the food-- one using my DSLR and another using my iPhone (for Instagram of course) -- to show you that the food in Jet 7 Bistro looks really good!

Taken using my Nikon D60. 
Taken using my iPhone 5. 

The waiters also served us freshly baked rolls with garlic, balsamic vinegar with olive oil, and butter. It tastes sweet and smells really good. Faye told me that they bake the bread in the restaurant. I wanted to eat more, but I was looking forward to taste the entree. Haha!

Freshly baked rolls with garlic, balsamic vinegar, and butter.

At 7PM, the waiters started serving the entree. Weeee! The menu says they are serving herb roasted chicken and BBQ beef ribs with rice pilaf. The chicken was well cooked and stuffed with herbs inside. The stuffing tasted sweet, like sweet potato-ish sweet. The beef was very tender and I loved it! I think I loved it more than the chicken, but maybe it's just me because I'm a BBQ person. It was served with rice pilaf, grilled vegetables, and coleslaw. I am amazed how the food looks really good whether I use my DSLR or my iPhone.

Taken using my Nikon D60. 

Taken using my iPhone 5. 

I thought the food service was over when the waiters came out with another one -- Jet 7 Bistro's famous french-cut steak. Wow, steak! Although I am not allowed, yet again, to eat raw food, my friend Yen told me to take the piece which looks cooked compared to the there parts, so I sliced a tiny piece. The steak was moist and tender. It was very soft to chew. The waiter also gave us steak sauce, but I think sauce is not need anymore. This tastes perfectly well!

Loved this shot. Much more lovelier if I were able to eat a lot of it. :D

I posted this on Instagram and I think one of my friends immediately craved for some steak. Haha!

Before the dessert was served, the chefs as well as Jet 7 Bistro's brand ambassador were interviewed. Both Chef Bobby Ignacio and Chef Chris Cordero were raised and trained in the US. Mr. Luigi Nuñez, CEO of Beer Below Zero, also answered a few questions from the crowd. He mentioned that he adored the restaurant's French-cut steak, which made him say yes to be their brand ambassador.

Jet 7 Bistro's Three Stooges. L-R: Mr. Luigi Nuñez, Chef Chris Cordero, and Chef Bobby Ignacio.

Served last was the dessert. It's yellow with chopped strawberries on top and a chocolate stick (which I think is Pepero). There's also cake-like bread at the bottom of the glass. I thought it was mango flavored ice cream, but when I tasted it, there was a hint of alcohol in it. True enough, the dessert's name is Strawberry Sauvignon. I was able to finish half of it before I told Jeff there's alcohol. Haha! Cheat day!





I highly recommend Jet 7 Bistro's food and service. If want to visit them, they're in President Tower, 81 Timog Ave. cor. Sct. Ybardolaza St., South Triangle, Quezon City. Good news for those living in the Makati area and the south, because Jet 7 Bistro is opening its second branch at the Bonifacio Global City this December!

Will I go back? I sure will! And I will make sure that I will eat a lot of steak. ;)


Jet 7 Bistro
GF President Tower,
81 Timog Ave. cor Sct. Ybardolaza St.,
South Triangle, Quezon City
(02) 4166707

Website: http://www.jet7bistro.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jet7bistro
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jet7Bistro
Instagram: http://instagram.com/Jet7Bistro

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Feed