, , , , ,

Recipe: Bacon Rose Bouquet

6:39 PM

I have no work today. I just slept 'til 9:30AM, tried to revive my 500GB portable drive, and finally decided to go to the waxing salon for my underarm. Oh, the life of a bum.


On my way back to the house, I thought of making Jeff something special. So I dropped by the supermarket and went to the cold cuts area. I grabbed a 500 gram pack of bacon and went straight to the cashier. Also, I had to buy my favorite Quickly drink. Just because. 

I went around to find plastic flowers but the woman in the flower shop won't sell me hers because she said it is for display. I hopped from one supermarket to another, but it was too hot so I just decided to stop. But then I thought, I am already sweaty so what the heck? I walked from Puregold in Presidents Avenue to the school supplies shop near our village. I grabbed some sticks, green cartolina, and colored masking tape. 

I am making Jeff a bacon rose bouquet. How? Watch me. 

When I got home, I inspected the bacon that I bought. To my horror, it was the ugliest bacon I've ever seen. Irregular size, too much fat. It's like the ugly duckling of bacons. I had to cut it and make it look nicer. 
Tip: If you want to make a Bacon Rose Bouquet, pick your bacon carefully. Make sure that the size and cut is perfect.

So first thing I did was to roll the bacon (after I've cut it). Make sure that the fatty part is at the bottom. I used the toothpicks to hold it together and make it stand in a flat pan. Put it inside a pre-heated oven and cook for fifteen minutes.



Next, I prepared the 'leaves and stem' of my flower. I used green cartolina for the leaves, sticks that I picked from the scrapbooking section for the stem, and colored masking tape.

Cut small leaves from the cartolina. I intend to use two leaves per flower. 



Cut two inches of the colored tape and stick in at the back of the leaf.



Now put it on the two sides of the stick, before covering the entire stick with the colored tape. Make sure to leave an inch of the stem for the bacon.





Check your bacon if it is already cooked. Take it out of the oven and put it on paper towels to drain the excess oil. After the fat was drained, put it on top of the stem.




Do it for the rest of the remaining bacon rolls and give it to your husband with a kiss! I'm sure he's gonna love it, and gonna love you more!




Happy weekend, everyone!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Feed