Bucketlist #34: Get A Tattoo

7:17 PM

I've always been fascinated with tattoos. Back in college, I thought yeah, I'll have a tattoo one day. The plan got shelved when I got old and priorities started piling up. It was only recently when I found time to write my bucketlist again.


Today, I am crossing out #34 on my list -- Have a tattoo.

My dream of having a tattoo was rekindled after I met Carol in September 2010. She's the long time partner of the popular tattoo artist of P&P Tattoo, Myke Sambajon. Yep, you guessed it right, she's a walking canvas of her partner's art. 

We met through a common friend, Shiela, when we joined the Ondoy No More Run in Thunderbird Resorts. 

She only has this tattoo on her leg when we met. Now, her whole lower right leg is full of tattoo!

I've always liked the Ichtus. It's the Jesus fish. I thought for a time that I'll have that tattooed on my nape, but then it became a trend in 2006-ish, so I changed plans. (It may not be very obvious but) I grew up in a very Christian family. While reading on it some five or so years ago, I came across a very interesting Greek script that I thought would be the perfect tattoo design for me. 


The script translates to Jesus Christ, Son of God, Saviour

November is my birthday month and Jeff finally allowed me to get this as a birthday gift for myself. I asked Carol if Myke could do my tattoo and she, being her kunsintidor self, agreed right away. I finally did it today, eleven days before my birthday! :D

It's very short, about five inches in length and half an inch wide. My bestfriend, Sarah, was there to watch me. I've expected the worst. I thought it's going to be very painful. Honestly, donating blood was even more painful. I've had so many tests this year for my pregnancy work up and I think I finally got used to all the needle pricking. I am not sure if I have high pain tolerance or what. The buzzing sound of the machine stressed me more than the needle work. After twenty minutes, it is done!

Photo taken by Sarah.

Oha, di naman masakit. :P

Forgive my ugly and sore back. 

Friends, I got tapis! This is me with the Myke Sambajon. 

Thank you, Jeff for allowing me to do this. To Carol for being the biggest kunsintidor ever. To Myke for helping me cross this out of my bucketlist! Should I say, see you again soon? :P

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. nice one! i bet that will be the start of wanting MORE tattoos. wahahah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...how much yang pina tat mo para lang may idea ako?... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a discount kasi I am friends with Myke and Carol. I'm not sure how much they charge for this size. What I know is parang P2,000 yata ang minimum sa P&P Tattoo sa Makati. :)

      Delete

Instagram Feed