, , ,

Operation Sunshine: Bringing the Sunshine Back to Visayas

10:07 AM

I have stopped watching the news three days ago because I cry uncontrollably everytime I see how bad the situation is. Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) pounded Visayas really bad. I cry everytime I read personal accounts of people. I cry everytime I read news about millions of dollars being sent by foreign countries. I cry when I read that there are foreigners coming over to help. I cry because my heart is so broken.

I decided to stop crying (although I still cry most of the time) and start acting. Back in 2011, my sisters and I had a donation drive for the victims of Sendong in Cagayan de Oro. This year, we're doing it again! It is now bigger (naks!) as we are working with my Tita Pilar and my cousins. We are calling this OPERATION SUNSHINE! Yay!

My friend, Farah who has a printing business, pledged to print tarpaulins for the drive so we can put it up our stores in Antipolo. Yay ulet! I have the photo at the bottom of this post so you can save it and post it you your walls if you want to. We are working with our ninang, Tita Beth Angsioco and DSWP to bring your donations to Visayas.

You can drop off your donations at my mother's store in the Antipolo Public Market (Jun and Fe Store) or at my Tita Pilar's textile shop (Pilar's Telamart). They're both along F. Manalo Street, near Iglesia ni Cristo. If you can't find it, don't hesitate to message me!

Maraming salamat po!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Feed