Coffee, Me, and Our Love-Hate Relationship

4:09 PM

My mama told me that I was breastfed until I was two years old. I don't remember liking milk because I know that since I was a kid, I was drinking coffee. I remember my dad making me black coffee every morning before I went to school when I was in kindergarten. One summer while we were in Tarlac for our annual vacation, my Lola made us coffee with cream. My life was changed. I never wanted to drink black coffee ever again.




And so I grew up and I still drank coffee. Until one day, my coworker Jimmy, made me drink the coffee he made -- coffee with cream and PINEAPPLE JUICE. The next morning, I didn't make it to work. I stayed home because my stomach was oh-so-painful. I went to the doctor and he said that I should stop drinking coffee for a while. As in STOP.

I can't. So after a week of pretending, I was back to my normal coffee schedule. I started noticing that my stomach hurts everytime I drink coffee. I had to switch to decaf.

I realized that I have a lot of coffee photos on my phone and my Instagram account, because I drink coffee a lot. This year, I even have a Starbucks Planner! Actually, it was Jeff who collected all the stickers so he could get me a planner.

In 2012, Starbucks had a 50% off promo on all their frappes. 

2014 Starbucks Planner.

Having coffee during our honeymoon in Sumilon Island.

Coffee at Cafe by the Ruins in Baguio City.

Durian coffee of Blugre in Davao City.

Cafe Mocha at Commune.

Lavazza's Hazelnut coffee in Floating Island. 

I think life would be miserable without coffee. Or my life would be. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. oh my God, same here!!! i always have tummy pains after coffee but it doesn't make me stop entirely. what gives!!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram Feed