,

Lucban Longganisa

1:10 AM

My mom is from Tarlac. And us having Kapampangan blood, we were all used to eating sweet, garlicky and peppery longganisa. So the first time I ate Lucban longganisa, it kinda felt weird. It's not sweet, just garlicky. On my first trip here, I took some home and they felt weird eating it too. I later learned that this longganisa was supposed to be eaten with Lucban vinegar. So that's the catch. The vinegar and garlic tastes good together. Anyway, I don't know how to explain the taste, what I know it that I love this longganisa now. Haha.

Last December, a dozen of longganisa was being sold for Php65.00. This time, prices went up and they are now selling it for Php70.00. Five pesos isn't so bad. We went to their neighbor (Jeff said it's the most famous longganisa maker in town) and bought twenty dozens. Hahaha.






This was originally posted on www.nom-mage.com. Author decided to merge The Misis Outtakes and Nom-mage together. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Feed