,

It's a... TAGLET!

3:08 PM

Jeff and I coined the name Taglet for our kids last year when we were praying for a baby this year. Actually, I coined that term of endearment and he was the supporting cast haha! He joked that if the baby is a boy, we'll call him Taglet and if it's a girl, then it's Taglette.




Yesterday, we had our fourth month check up. My OB said that if we're lucky, Taglet will show his gender. I talked to my tummy and asked Taglet to cooperate and show it to us. Jeff was very excited to know. He's always told me that he's okay with whatever gender our baby will be. I also told him I'm okay with whatever, but at the back of my head, I've always wanted a baby boy.

Back in 2009, I was 25 and just came out of a very messy relationship, I had a funny conversation with my mom that went something like this:

Me: Ma, mag-ampon nalang kaya ako?
Mama: *stared at me with her big eyes bigger than the usual* Tumigil ka nga dyan!
Me: Sige na ah, baka di na ako makapag-asawa eh.
Mama: Tigilan mo ako! Sayang ang magandang genes! Haha!

Although it was a really hilarious conversation, I was actually serious with the whole adoption thing. I was scared of getting pregnant, and I really thought I wouldn't get married anytime soon. Everything changed when I married Jeff. I wanted to have kids. Many kids. I wanted to make him happy.

That's love, ladies and gentlemen. When you put other people's happiness above your concern of being so fat and having saggy boobs. I grew up in a household where our noise is comparable to 20 people. We are six in the family -- four kids and my parents. Plus my parents have a lot of people working for our business, so we're really a big family. Jeff on the hand, grew up in a small family. I think the first time he hung out with my siblings, he thought we were crazy.

I wanted a family like mine, although I couldn't stand screaming kids running around the house. So I thought okay, we'll make a big family. It took us about two years to get pregnant, and when we were able to confirm the pregnancy, I've decided I want a boy. You see, last year when Jeff and I prayed non-stop for a baby this year, I told the Lord that I want to get pregnant during the first quarter and I want a boy. I'm not sure if Jeff prayed the same thing haha! Imagine my surprise when we were officially four weeks pregnant in January 20. I also told the Lord that when we get pregnant with a boy, I will name him Isaac.

Why Isaac? Because his parents, Abraham and Sarah, also waited for him for a very long time. When the angel came to Sarah, he told her that they will call their son Isaac, which means laughter. It took me a while to think of a second name but we decided it would be Joseph, same with Jeff's second name. Joseph means God will increase. Our baby will increase our laughter. Our friends know that Jeff and I are a happy bunch, but additional laughter is always welcome.

Jeff, who I think really wants a baby girl, thought of a girl's name -- Felicia. It is the combination of both our mother's names -- Fe and Leticia. It also is also connected to my name, which means felicity. It means happy things. 

So much about our baby names. Let's go back to my ultrasound. By the way, my OB is already five weeks pregnant! Woohoo, baby boom! Taglet was moving so much in my tummy, but wouldn't open his/her legs to show his/her gender. It took Dr. Barrameda to spot his little birdie. Yes, it's a boy! We're having an Isaac!



Jeff posted this on his Instagram account with the caption, There's a patoytoy, so it's a boy-boy! #taglet #TeamTagle #17weeks #kabuntisan.

I've always wanted a boy for one reason -- so even if we don't get pregnant again (although we're really hoping we can still have another baby), at least someone will be continuing Jeff's legacy, surname, and his kayabangan (don't worry, Jeff is a self-confessed mayabang because he's from Ateneo haha!). I wanted to take care of someone just like my husband.

This is where I get too emotional again, but hey, I really think the Lord makes you wait because He wants you ready for the most wonderful and perfect things. I waited for Jeff for a long time, and now, our wait for a son is finally over. He's coming in September and I just want to drag the days and months so I can hold him in my arms soon.

Isaac Joseph, we are waiting patiently. We love you more than you can understand.

Love,
Tatay and Nanay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Feed