How to make your lightning cable last?

10:19 AM

This post is long overdue. As in, almost a month ko na dapat ito na-post. Haha!

Jeff and I broke our iPhones' cables after using it for just six months. Just six months. My iPad 2's cable is still working perfectly and it's already two years old. So he recently bought a Capdase cable with plug for Php 1,500.00. The original cable (no plug) sells for Php 1,090.00 at the Apple store so buying the Capdase one is a steal.



I saw on some DIY website ways on how to lengthen your cable's life. I'm gonna share one here. :)

1. Find a pen with a spring inside. You know, those pens with different colors back in high school? That. Slaughter it and get the spring. Haha! It looks like this:



2. Get your cable. Loosen up the ends of the spring.



3. Hook one end of the spring to the cable. Make sure you don't hurt yourself. I did hurt myself a few times before I was able to hook it hehe.



4. Carefully twirl and swirl the spring until you reach the end of the cable.



5. Tada! You're done! If you did it right, your cable might last longer than the first one that you broke.



Happy DIYing, friends!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Feed