,

Life Happened

5:08 PM

I feel like it's been so long since I posted something. I only have one reason -- life happened.



I barely remember what happened in May, for sure I've been sleeping way too much. My sister-in-law had an emergency C-section last May 13 because her water broke early. She was supposed to deliver late June or early July. Lucy was born prematurely, but now she's doing really well and gaining weight. She was very tiny when she was born, just a little over three pounds.

Last June 1, we moved to a condo in Makati. Some things happened at home, and we had to go for a while. My father-in-law contracted pneumonia and was doing regular chemotherapy again for his lung cancer. It is not good for me and Taglet to be around him, so we decided to move out temporarily until he's well and I've given birth.

Condo living is not so new to me. Sort of. In Singapore, I used to live in flats that looks like condos haha! My brother and I lived in a condo in Mandaluyong for a while in 2009. This time it is different. It's the first time Jeff and I are alone in a house. It's like bahay-bahayan! I cook almost everyday so we can save. I prepare his breakfast and lunch, which he takes to the office.

I've been cooking a lot and I enjoy it. Here are some of the food that I've cooked for the past three weeks:

Jeff's co-worker, Nina, went to Cebu a few days before we moved. He asked her to buy lechon for us. I cooked Lechon Paksiw and it lasted for about a week and a half haha!

I've been cooking a lot of instant pancit canton and soft boiled eggs, too!

Arroz ala cubana

Pork sinigang!

Corned beef hash for Jeff's breakfast. 

It was hard waking up every morning to prepare his breakfast, but I feel like a real wife now. I don't like waking up early since I got pregnant, but seeing Jeff appreciate what I do makes me want to do it everyday

BTW, we loooooved the pool here in the condo! 




So that's what we're been up to lately. ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Feed