, ,

On Online Dating and More

11:47 PM

24 October 2010. Araneta Coliseum. BMeg vs. Ginebra. :)




















In the age when online presence is a must, it wasn't a surprise finding people like me and Jeff who met and started a relationship online. We met on Twitter in September 2010, started dating after a few weeks, became a couple and got engaged in six months, and got married after a year.


Yes, we now happily married. And as of this writing, we just celebrated our first anniversary.

Jeff was a bit more into Twitter than I am. I was more of a Facebook person. When we got together, it was a bit of my dilemma on how to keep things a little private. You see, people tend to overshare things about themselves online. We had a few do's and don'ts online.

1. Never post anything (even cryptic tweets or statuses) when we fight. I see a lot of couples fighting and posting all their issues on Facebook and Twitter. A lot change their relationship status and make a public announcement that they are indeed single and ready to mingle. A few days later, they are back together, posting photos and love messages. Boy, that is just the most annoying thing ever.

2. No oversharing. I hate reading very, very personal statuses or tweets. I hate bedroom tweets, if you know what I mean. What happens inside your house should be kept there. If you like running around naked and throwing knives at each other, I bet no wants to know that.

3. No gross photos. I have vowed that the only photos of me and Jeff kissing that will be posted on the net will be our wedding kiss photo. I sure was able to do that. I cringe everytime I see photos of couples who are kissing. Especially teenagers. Ugh. Why do they have to post that?!? I don't even like couple photos in bed. I mean, come on, what do you think we think when we see those?!?

4. No ranting. There are days that I don't like my life. Sure, everyday is not a bed of roses. Sometimes, I just want to curse and shout at anyone I see. But ranting is no good, especially in the morning. What do you think will people who just woke up will feel if they read your bad mood tweets? I don't want to drag people into my bad mood. No one should.

5. No posting of 100 selfies a day. I seriously don't understand people who post 'selfies' or self portraits using their camera phones (usually using the front facing camera of their phones). These photos are usually taken in a duration of fifteen to twenty minutes, all at the same place, with almost the same angles and poses. Most of these poses are pouting or doing the peace sign. I have unfollowed a few people on Instagram who posts selfies like they're compiling photos for their ID portfolio.

It is a bit difficult to not post cheesy stuff online. When you're in love, all you wanna do is share the love and let other people know that you are deeply and madly in love. I may be a little guilty in this department. I love Jeff, and sometimes I do an overkill of posting cheesy things. I have lessened it now because some people might complain. Well, I know someone who hid me and Jeff from her timeline because we annoy her too much. Haha!

Jeff and I have since lessened our online presence since we got together. We hardly even tweet each other, unless people tag the both of us. I just feel that it looks stupid for me and him to tweet each other if we can talk privately. Or if we can talk on the phone 24/7. People didn't have to see how real our relationship is. Besides, we have proven them wrong when our relationship actually worked. ;)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'll remember this post whenever tempted to do the dreaded overkills. LOL...It really is hard to not put our (cheesy) emotions online for the universe to chew on. One of my dilemmas as well. So then I had to create a couple blog just for it. Har.


    "I know someone who hid me and Jeff from her timeline because we annoy her too much." - SOMEONE ACTUALLY DID THAT? Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, someone really did that. Am I that annoying? Or that person is just too bitter? Hahaha!

      Delete

Instagram Feed